I’m fairly new to wordpress and don’t have much experience with blogging in general so when I received a notification and saw that a wonderful blogger I follow nominated me for this award I didn’t know the first thing about it but I was so thrilled to be recognized. After reading her post on it I’ve come to understand that the writers in the wordpress community nominate bloggers and those bloggers nominate bloggers and so on and so forth, making up this diverse community of people who are connecting and sharing through their blog.
The WordPress Family Award is another opportunity to tell people “thank you, you touched my life, made me think, you gave me a smile” or whatever the specific instance may be. Thank you to each of you listed below and thank you to Suzie81 for thinking of me. This does take some time, but part of accepting this award is that you must write a blog with your nominees (and a few other things below). I am low tech so this was a lot of work for me but I really enjoy the pay-it-forward spirit so without further ado…
Here are bloggers I am recognizing either because I enjoy their posts, I’m welcoming them to wordpress or I miss their posts and hope they’ll be back soon. My awards for the WordPress Family Awards go to:
- A Woman’s Guide, http://patticlark.wordpress.com/
- Ask Sabatino. http://www.hotcupoflove.com/
- Jack Flacco, http://jackflacco.com/
- Natasha’s Memory Garden, http://crown7cacb.wordpress.com/
- Flo Me La, http://flomela.wordpress.com/
- Franimal1230, http://fabfran1230.wordpress.com/
- A Blawg, http://ariweisbrot.com/
- JB Maddawg, http://thethrowdown.wordpress.com/
- The Happsters, http://happsters.com/
- The Seekers Dungeon, http://theseekersdungeon.com/
- Help Me Help Me Holly, http://charlieandpearl.wordpress.com/
- Sandra Crook, http://castelsarrasin.wordpress.com/
- Sonja Flye Oliver, http://kingdomkindling.wordpress.com/
- Grand Slam Grumblings, http://grandslamgrumblings.wordpress.com/
- Cole Ryan, http://coleryan.net/
Here are seven interesting (maybe?) facts about me, the last condition for me to accept my nomination from lovely Suzie81.
- Nature makes me feel alive.
- If I had to choose one food it would be ripe avocadoes.
- My favorite workout is hiking in the snow.
- I like tattoos.
- Three of my top books are The Art of Fielding, The Paris Wife, The Glass Castle.
- I have five children.
- My favorite vacation is being on a beach.
To the nominees, if you have time to pull this off (LoL) the official rules to accepting your nomination are:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post. Make sure you post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
- Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers.
- Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Thanks again to Suzie81 for inspiring me to continue writing and sharing. Have a great day wordpress friends!